Half-Day Rainforest 4WD Adventure
Jump on board our 4WD for this exclusive and spectacular visit to the Rainforest. Journey to the mighty Barron Falls, including Surprise Falls. This Half Day Rainforest 4WD Adventure is ideal if you have limited time and want to escape the crowds and experience the true Tropical Rainforest and hidden wonders of North Queensland.
You will be surprised at how much beauty you will see in just 5 hours. Escape the crowds on board the Half Day Rainforest 4WD Adventure.
If you want to spend a whole day in the Rainforest, click HERE!
- After collection from your accommodation, we will head north to the lower Barron Gorge National Park and visit Surprise Falls.
- This beautiful Waterfall is 243 metres high and set amongst the scenic, lower Barron Gorge.
Next, we ascend the Lamb Range to the west of Cairns, where we stop at the Lake Morris lookout.
- From here you will enjoy spectacular views over Cairns city and towards Green Island.
We then continue our journey, visiting Lake Morris & Copperlode Dam – this is Cairns’ water supply and surrounded by World Heritage rainforest-clad mountains, it’s a unique and outstanding location to visit.
- We’ll stretch our legs before crossing the dam wall where we begin our four-wheel-drive journey.
Our exclusive access permit sees us visit areas not open to the public.
- Our track winds through rainforest and over mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
We’ll stop to view ancient King Ferns before stopping at our Clohesy Boardwalk.
- Your Guide will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree, which is hundreds of years old.
Our next stop is Kuranda; where we will enjoy a short driving tour of the village before continuing to the World Heritage Listed Barron Gorge National Park for more spectacular photo opportunities of the Mighty Barron Falls and the stunning Wrights lookout.
- Finally, as our tour concludes, we will head back towards Cairns via the Wet Tropics World Heritage drive on the Kuranda range.
We stop at the breathtaking Henry Ross lookout before arriving in Cairns to your accommodation.
Complimentary pickup & return to/from your accommodations.
***Please note ONLY The Afternoon Tour (PM) operates from Cairns City and The Northern Beaches***
***The morning tour ONLY operates from Cairns City***
What to bring/wear:
– Light weight clothing
– Comfortable walking shoes
– Hat & Sunscreen
– Bottle of water, topped up throughout the day.
Effective from the 17th December 2021, until further notice
Supplement to be Read in Conjunction with our Standard Terms & Conditions
• All passengers travelling on any tour with Discovery Tours Australia will be required to be fully vaccinated with a TGA-approved vaccine (unless they have an exemption).
• Evidence of this will need to be provided prior to boarding the vehicle.
• If Evidence or Qualified Exemption cannot be provided, boarding will be denied. No Refund of any portion of the tour amount paid will be refunded.
• Additional Requirements of The QLD Government may be announced and if applicable will form part of this policy.
Effective from 2nd January 2022 until further notice.
ALL guests are now required to SUPPLY and WEAR their own masks on ALL tours.
A face mask MUST be worn covering the person’s nose and mouth at all times when:
• the person is in an indoor space
• is in a commercial passenger vehicle, as a driver or passenger
• waiting for a commercial passenger vehicle in a designated outdoor space that is not a residence
• A driver of a commercial passenger vehicle must wear a mask unless alone in the vehicle.
We recommend reconfirming your tours 24 hours prior to the date of travel. Please call 1300 32 10 19 or 07 4041 0122.
***Please note tour does not Pick Up from Port Douglas, you are welcome to make your own way to a designated Pick up point in Cairns***