Half-Day Rainforest 4WD Adventure
Jump onboard our 4WD for this exclusive and spectacular visit to the Rainforest. Journey to the mighty Barron Falls, including Surprise Falls. This Half Day Rainforest 4WD Adventure is ideal if you have limited time and want to escape the crowds and experience the true Tropical Rainforest and hidden wonders of North Queensland.
You will be surprised at how much beauty you will see in just 5 hours. Escape the crowds on board the Half Day Rainforest 4WD Adventure.
If you want to spend a whole day in the Rainforest, click HERE!
- After collection from your accommodation, we will head north to the lower Barron Gorge National Park and visit Surprise Falls.
- This beautiful Waterfall is 243 metres high and set amongst the scenic, lower Barron Gorge.
Next, we ascend the Lamb Range to the west of Cairns, where we stop at the Lake Morris lookout.
- From here you will enjoy spectacular views over Cairns city and towards Green Island.
We then continue our journey, visiting Lake Morris & Copperlode Dam – this is Cairns’ water supply and surrounded by World Heritage rainforest-clad mountains, it’s a unique and outstanding location to visit.
- We’ll stretch our legs before crossing the dam wall where we begin our four-wheel-drive journey.
Our exclusive access permit sees us visit areas not open to the public.
- Our track winds through rainforest and over mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
We’ll stop to view ancient King Ferns before stopping at our Clohesy Boardwalk.
- Your Guide will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree, which is hundreds of years old.
Our next stop is Kuranda; where we will enjoy a short driving tour of the village before continuing to the World Heritage Listed Barron Gorge National Park for more spectacular photo opportunities of the Mighty Barron Falls and the stunning Wrights lookout.
- Finally, as our tour concludes, we will head back towards Cairns via the Wet Tropics World Heritage drive on the Kuranda range.
We stop at the breathtaking Henry Ross lookout before arriving in Cairns to your accommodation.
- Return transfers to and from Accommodation
- Small group (max 9) offering unrivalled, friendly and personalized service
- Air Conditioned comfortable late model 4WD Vehicle
- National Park Fees & Permits
- Morning or Afternoon tea
- 5 stunning lookout points for photo’s
- 2 Waterfalls- Surprise and the Barron Falls
- Rainforest Boardwalk- Guided walk in a very private section of rainforest
- World Heritage Rainforest
- Soft Off-Road Four Wheel Driving through creeks and rivers
- Clohesy River Fig Tree
- Experienced Local Naturalist/Accredited Tour Guides
- Chilled bottled water on board
- Umbrellas if required